Unit 1: Immortality 2.0 (1ère G1)

 

Language in Progress

 

The Modal Expressions

 

1) Choose the option that best fits from the two choices.


a)
 I must stop speaking before I say something I'll regret. (a personal decision)

b) You ought to brush your teeth more than once a day! (a collective opinion)

c) She should read that book. (advice)

d) They don’t have to finish that piece of cake. (a lack of obligation)

 

2. Complete the following sentences using the appropriate modal verb.


a) You should / must wash your hands before dinner.

b) You mustn’t / must not experiment on people!

c) You don’t have to come if you're tired.

d) You should change your eating habits.

 

 

2) Complete the following sentences using the appropriate relative pronoun.

 

a) Do you know the lady whose daughter won the prize?

 

b) Look at the cute cat which is playing with string!

 

c) Roy is the name of the android whom I talked to you about.

 

d) This is the house where it happened.

 

e) Let me show you the place where the magic happens.

 

f) October 6th was the day when she had her first exhibition.

 

 

Vocabulary in Progress

 

Complete the following sentences with the appropriate idiom.

a) My grandmother is still active and healthy; she is truly in the prime of life.

b) He almost drowned, but luckily he cheated death.

c) That old car finally kicked the bucket after years of use.

d) She had a serious accident, but she managed to live to tell the tale.

e) After eating that super spicy chili, I got so sick, thought I might bite the dust.


Homework: Learn the lesson.

Complete exercice D. Music of English

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.